Sunday, January 29, 2017

Weekend Project-
DIY Self-adhesive Himalayan stone backsplash

This girl loves, loves a house project. I am my mother’s child! Growing up I remember just about every weekend my mom and dad working on something in our home. Mom would instruct while dad would build and do. Of course mom helped to make it happen because let’s be honest us women are the masterminds behind all of the projects. So, like I mentioned earlier I am my mother’s child and have now become that wife who says, “Babe I have a great project idea for the house!” I’m certain Michael loves hearing those words come out of my mouth.

Before picture

This past week/weekend we began working on creating a backsplash behind our stove. The previous owner of our home left a square area behind the stove unpainted and put a piece of clear plastic on top of it as her backsplash. Ladies and Gents, it was only a matter of time before that had to go! 

Michael and I did some research and found out about stone adhesive tile backsplash. They are actual stone tiles not laminate as some of the self-adhesive smart tiles are. The biggest difference in the two is obviously quality and the stone tiles are a bit more tedious to work with although they are self-adhesive. The project does require one tool, which is pictured down below. This tool was used to cut through the tiles so that you could piece them together as needed.  The entire project can be done in a few hours depending on how many walls you are putting a backsplash on. All in all this project was a very simple and budget friendly project with the right tools and right handyman of course 😁🔨👨


After picture

All products were purchased from Home Depot. See the link down below to get started!

Tile nipper hand tool

Now go and get your DIY on!

XOXO

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment